TSP 5.3L L83 V2 Stage 1 Camshaft
TSP Gen 5 L83 5.3L (Version 2) Stage 1 Camshaft:
212/224 .610"/.610" 112 LSA, 108ICL w/ 10% Fuel Lobe
The Texas Speed & Performance L83V2-Stg1 camshaft is our newest version of our already popular L83 camshaft lineup. We were able to redesign the lobes for less lift and more power than our previous version. Not only will the new version be easier on the valve springs but the valvetrain noise will be much quieter too! This camshaft is a great choice for the enthusiast looking for an additional bump in horsepower without sacrificing any drivability. Factory torque converter friendly! It does not retain the factory AFM/DOD functionality that deactivates cylinders, so a DOD/AFM delete kit will be needed.
- Engines best suited for: Gen V 5.3L L83
- Desired Compression ratio for cam: Stock
- Recommended Springs Required: Manton conical valve springs or TSP dual .660 spring kit
- Aftermarket Stall Converter Required: No. Factory converter friendly!
- Upgraded Rear Gear Required: No
- Operating RPM Range: 1500-6200
- Power Increase: Under testing it gained 58hp and 24ft/lbs of torque at the crank
- Drivability: Great drivability with a mild lope.
- Phaser Lockout Required: Yes
Dyno Motor Test Specs: Stock L83 5.3 with dyno headers and cold air intake. Full TSP L83V2 Stg 1 cam package and DOD delete. Phaser locked out.